2008年2月17日 星期日

CNY Celebration 2008 文化庙会

16 February 2008

I went to Chinese New Year Celebration 2008 年新春大团拜 文化庙会 at the heritage precinct of Penang, Acheh Street, Armenian Street, Cannon Street, Soo Hong Lane, Ah Quee Street and Kampong Kolam. Who am I going with this time? There is no others than my buddy, Kok Sheng.




This event highligted the 12 Chinese Traditional Festivals as the main theme for this year. The festivals are: Lunar New Year 春节, Chap Goh Meh 元宵, Cheng Beng 清明, Dragon Boat 端午, Chinese Valentine 七夕, Hungry Ghost 中元, Mid-autumn 中秋, Confucius's Birthday 孔诞, Double Ninth 重阳, Winter Solstice 冬至, Zhao Wang 灶王 and Year-end Banquet 尾牙.

The photo above showed the map for the whole event.




Tzu Chi 慈济 handled the Cheng Beng event.




Dragon Boat Festival, come and eat "Bah Zhang肉粽".



Wow, is crowded all over the place.



The banner showed the old Penang Road.



Seven Stone, I played this before during my childhood. How about you guys?



Black and White chess during old times.


Wooden Horse



Well well well, can you all spot me?


Khoo Kongsi



Snake and ladder game, this I pretty sure you all got played this before, but not in this huge size of course.



"Catch me if you can.", the fishes said.


The toy gun in my childhood time.



Wooden puzzle, too bad I did not bring enough cash, so cannot own some of those.



Cheah Kongsi



Yeah, finally I got the chance to play the Chinese Yo-yo 扯铃. But sadly to say, I'm not good enough to play this.



The art of paper cut



The art made in clay




I can see a lots of Sun Wu Kong 孙悟空.




A lots of people were trying to guess the Tanglong Riddle 猜灯谜.



Yo, get away, mighty Lions are coming.


Notice me? Hope I can get good result after I stand with those "experts".



The gate of Zhuang Yuan 状元门.



Confucius's Birthday



The event around the area



A lots of people around the Year-end Banquet area, where can get nice food from different hotels.



The backdrop of Hungry Ghost Festival, with Kok Sheng.



Backdrop of Double Ninth Festival



Backdrop of Zhao Wang Festival



Backdrop of Year-end Banquet



Backdrop of Cheng Beng Festival





Two mightly Lions entertained the crowd.



The watermelon which crafted by one of the hotel chef. Is it nice?



The mice doll, so kawaii~~



I got a mouse's doll from God of Prosperous 财神爷. Gong Xi Fa Chai!!!



Finally I have a shot with the mouse.


End of today journey.

20 則留言:

Beverly's Secret 提到...

this cultural place is awesome!!
if i visit penang next year, will you be my tour guide?

i've been there once only when i was 12...

Akira 思胜 提到...

Dear Beverly,

Yeah, Penang is awesome and marvelous place... It will be my honour and pleasure to be your tour guide... When you will come to here? I can bring you to nice places and taste the delicious food here...

levian 提到...

wow tons of photographs here !! i'm loving my stay, hehe. Happy Chinese New Year, though belated .. :P

Akira 思胜 提到...

Hi Levian, nice to have u here... Welcome!!!

Happy New Year to u also.....

link u~~

Dragon 提到...

i wish to go but im working the other day. hope to meet u all in person one day.

Akira 思胜 提到...
作者已經移除這則留言。
Akira 思胜 提到...

yup, make someday as the day for us to meet up ya...

Mei-Wah 提到...

hello akira! thanks for dropping by my blog! lotsa nice picture in your blog! looking forward for your next blog entry!

Akira 思胜 提到...

Hi Mei Wah, nice to meet u here... Is my pleasure then... Yup, next post will be regarding about food or Chap Goh Meh... hehe...

Ryan Chin 提到...

at ur place still able to see such a nice cultural place, but in Sabah... modern de.. none anymore..

haha~

gong xi fa cai~

Akira 思胜 提到...

Thx to have u here... do visit me always ya...

迷迭香 提到...

the art of paper cutting is cool ~ and they are so expensive....

Akira 思胜 提到...

迷迭香, yup, those arts are quite expensive... but if got friends doing this, then will be good...

匿名 提到...

wow...that's tons of pics... cool..cool..

David (AKK) 提到...

haha... you're more cute than a mouse in your last photo... haha :)

Akira 思胜 提到...

zhi yi, hahaha, din see u at there? long time din see u already... how ya there?

AKK, paiseh lor, my face is not that cute... hahaha.... ncie to have u here...

tsuey miin 提到...

so envy u..penang is so great!
so many things i nvr see b4..~~

Akira 思胜 提到...

Sai Ling:
Dont envy lar... Tmr will have another post regarding to Chap Goh Meh... hehe....

--Ping-- 提到...

wow..u have taken so many wonderful pictures..those little little things that I have missed out as I was going there quite late dee..lots of the culture being shown that was once forgotten...rarely see now lo...

Akira 思胜 提到...

Froggy:
Oh, that's nice to see u viewed this post... hehe... feel free to get the photos from me...